Monday, March 23, 2009

Segregation at Lowe's-- Let's Picket

Scott and I were at Lowe's in Tuscon a few weeks ago. Walking down the aisle, I noticed cute, little rocking chairs. Wondering how much they cost, Scott I walked closer to them to check it out the price. That's when we noticed the price tag. It was pretty pricy... 49 bucks for a tiny chair. The economy is really making things expensive! My thoughts were quickly distracted by the title on the price tag: "White Children's Rocker". I thought we got rid of segregation a long time ago!! What they should have written is "Children's Rocker- white". Scott dared me to threaten to sue them for not having a black children's rocker-- you know, just for kicks.

I decided I would just blog about it instead... and maybe file a complaint with Lowe's so they send me a ten percent coupon. That way I could buy us a white children's rocker for only $41.10! And then paint half of it black. Then resell it on Ebay as the "black and white children's rocker" for 55 bucks. I'd make a profit and allow ebony and ivory to live together in perfect harmony...




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's really funny. When you decide to picket let me know and I'll come along

J.lee Hansen said...

I triple dog dare you

K&D Conder Family said...

I was about to write ebony and ivory as a comment before I finished reading, but I should have known you would beat me to it. You should picket painted 1/3 black, 1/3 white, 1/3 yellow and then a kitten shirt with your maiden name in old english on the back.

jodi, making all her mormon dreams come true, at slow as molassess speed said...

i'll be your lawyer. in 3 years, if Lowes hasn't changed it's evil ways